To be eligible for assistance, students must me the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enter into a written agreement with your their high school prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 years immediately prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing prior to graduation.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol while in grades 9-12.
- Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.
In order to receive A+ funds from the state, the following must also be completed:
- Make a good faith, documented effort to obtain federal financial aid that does not require repayment (FAFSA).
- Register with Selective Service if required by law to do so.
Seniors must have an A+ application on file in the A+ Coordinator's office by the second Friday in January.All requirements must be met, documented and submitted to the A+ Coordinator by the second Friday in May of the student's senior year.
It is the responsibility of the student to continue to meet the requirements necessary to be certified as an A+ student upon graduation.
The A+ Program may provide these educational incentives:
- Provided state funds are appropriated by the legislature or
- Subject to state funding approval.
Funding is not the responsibility of the Ferguson-Florissant School District.