Students who attend the STEAM Academy are required to wear the following attire (the embroidered items and ties can be purchased at Fishers Uniforms):
- Embroidered Navy blazer
- Embroidered oxford shirts
- Khaki pants or shorts (no cargo)
- Khaki skirts or skorts
- Plaid 37, navy ready tie, cross tie, or bow tie
- A solid brown or black belt must be worn for any items requiring a belt
- Solid navy, white, black or red socks
- Black or white shoes or sneakers (primary colors are black or white)
- P.E. uniform - grey t-shirt and navy mesh shorts, both with STEAM logo, tennis shoes
- School ID
Fischer’s Uniforms will discontinue selling cardigans to the STEAM Academy during the 2018-2019 school year. Cardigans will not be allowed during the 2019-2020 school year. However, in consideration of parents who purchased cardigans during the 2017-2018 school year, students could wear an embroidered cardigan during the 2018-2019 school year.
Special non-uniform days will be scheduled throughout the year and as rewards for accomplishments.
UNIFORM VIOLATION CONSEQUENCES
- First violation – Teacher will send note home with uniform policy attached, to be signed and returned.
- Second violation – Principal or designee will contact parent that a second violation has occurred and clothing must be brought to school.
- Third violation – Parent conference and review of uniform policy and consequences of future violations discussed. School uniform clothing brought to school.
- Fourth violation – Detention and uniform clothing brought to school.
- Future violations will be considered an act of insubordination and will be handled as such in accordance with the Ferguson-Florissant School District Student Expectation Code.
Clothing and accessories that detract from the educational process are not permitted. We expect our students to maintain a level of dress conducive to learning that does not disturb the learning environment.