When the Smoke Clears
In 1988, Ferguson Middle School experienced a fire in the west part of the building!! The electrical fire destroyed the west half of the building. Principa Darrell Hall wrote an interesting article about what happened after the smoke cleared.
Ferguson Middle School opened in 1938 as Ferguson High School. In 1952- 1957, it became a home for Junior High students as well. In 1962, Ferguson High School became Ferguson Junior High School. In 1984, it was renamed Ferguson Middle School. In 1988, the building suffered an electrical fire resulting in massive remodeling and renovations to the facilities. Today, Ferguson Middle School remains a landmark in the Ferguson Community.