Coding is what makes websites, apps, computer software possible! For example, coding tells a computer what to do!
Try out these sites to build your coding skills!
- Tynker makes it easy for kids to learn basic "computational thinking and programming skills."
- Google's Made With Code project has a mission of encouraging girls to pursue careers in computer science:
- Scratch is designed to help students with little to no coding experience dive headfirst into programming:
- Code.org was launched to advocate for wider access to computer science learning in schools and for underrepresented students of color.
- Code Combat is a free coding website for older kids. It encompasses the use of an interactive gameplay mode to simulate code learning.
- Kodable makes computer science more enjoyable to learn with easy lessons and games for younger students and beginners!
- Go here for when working with Ms. D in the library: https://game.kodable.com/
- Go here for when you are at home and are playing without saving (no student and class code): https://game.kodable.com/hour-of-code