What is Canvas?
Canvas is the Ferguson-Florissant School District’s Learning Management System. Canvas is a course management system that supports online learning and teaching. Parents can sign up for a free account in order to view the resources and activities posted in their child’s courses that are available on Canvas. You can access our Canvas by using a browser on a computer, or by installing the Canvas Parent app on your mobile device.
How does Canvas work?
How can parents use Canvas?
With Canvas, parents will have the ability to do the following:
- Read announcements, view the calendar, and see the course syllabus
- Access a list of assignments with due dates
- See your child's assignments, but not his/her discussion posts
- View your child’s scores on assignments in Canvas. Course grades will continue to be published in SIS
- Use the Inbox to contact the teacher
- Set up notifications to get emails or texts for announcements, assignments, etc.
- View the instructional content in the course