Parents as Teachers is a free parent education and family support program serving families through pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten.
Parents as Teachers offers the following resources and services:
- Personal Visits: Degree certified parent educators support families with preparing for and understanding each stage of their child's development. Practical ideas on ways to encourage learning and manage behavior are offered.
- Group Connections: Parents meet to enhance their parenting knowledge and share experiences while engaging in fun activities with their child.
- Developmental Screenings: Yearly screenings of overall development; health, hearing, vision and dental functional screenings are available.
- Resource Network: Parent educators help families access needed community services that are beyond the scope of the Parents as Teachers program. Free diapers are provided in partnership with the St. Louis Area Diaper Bank.
- Teen Parenting Classes: Teen parents have the opportunity to enroll in a teen parenting class in district high schools.
This free program is available to families who choose to participate.
To register for the Parents as Teachers program, please call (314) 824-2077or send an email to email@example.com with your name, your child's name, address, telephone number, your child's date of birth and availability for visits; days, evenings, Saturday.
Parents as Teachers Photos
Parents as Teachers Coordinator
Vogt Elementary, 200 Church Street Ferguson, MO 63135