PARENTS AS TEACHERS (PAT) is a free parent education and family support program serving families through pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten. The Ferguson-Florissant PAT program is recognized as an Affiliate, meaning model services are delivered with fidelity.
There are four main components of the program:
- Personal Visits: Degree certified parent educators support families with preparing for each stage of their child's development. Personal visits are individualized to meet the needs of each family, covering child development, parenting skills, family well-being and more.
- Group Connections: Events that allow families to enhance their parenting knowledge and share experiences while engaging in fun activities with their child and other families.
- Developmental Screenings: Annual developmental and health screenings are available for all families.
- Resource Network: Parent educators help families access needed community services that are beyond the scope of the Parents as Teachers program. Free diapers are provided in partnership with St. Louis Area Diaper Bank and free books are provided to families.
- Teen Parenting Classes: Teen parents have the opportunity to enroll in a teen parenting class in district high schools.
This free program is available to all families who choose to participate!
We currently have a waitlist. However, we want everyone who is interested to enroll! You can expect to hear from our intake coordinator within 6-8wks of enrolling. Families are always welcome at our events while waiting!