Title I Parent Involvement
Pursuant to federal law, the district and parents of children participating in the Title I program will jointly develop and agree upon a written parent involvement plan. This plan will describe how the district will accomplish the following:
• Involve parents in the joint development of the Title I program plan and in the process of reviewing the implementation of the plan and suggesting improvements.
• Provide the coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parental involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
• Build the schools' and parents' capacity for strong parental involvement.
• Coordinate and integrate Title I parental involvement strategies with those of other educational programs.
• Conduct, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parental involvement policy in improving the academic quality of the schools served, including identifying barriers to greater participation by parents in activities authorized by law, particularly by parents who are economically disadvantaged, have disabilities, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy or are of any racial or ethnic minority background. The district will use the findings of such evaluation to design strategies for more effective parental involvement and to revise, if necessary, the parental involvement policies.
• Involve parents in the activities of the schools served.
• Each school receiving Title I funds will jointly develop with and distribute to parents of children participating in the Title I program a written parental involvement plan agreed upon by such parents in accordance with the requirements of federal law:
• The plan must be made available to the local community and updated periodically to meet the changing needs of parents and the school.
• The plan shall contain a school-parent compact that outlines how parents, the entire school staff and students will share the responsibility of improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children.
• Each school participating in the Title I program will convene a meeting annually to inform parents about Title I and to involve parents in the planning, review and improvement of Title I programs, including the planning, review and improvement of the school parental involvement plan.